Sunday, December 18, 2005
Going to church camp is one thing I will not regret. I really neeeded it. And the Lord reminded me how much I needed Him and that even though I wasn't thinking of Him during the last few weeks that much, He was thinking of me.
The last few weeks have been such a low point for me. I realised only when I came to camp that what I was experiencing was a very spiritual low. Never had it so bad before, so never recognized it. And I didn't turn to God's word even though the Bible was on my table. I was simply too disappointed in everything else to turn to God, the One who would NEVER disappoint us.
When I came to the camp (very humid weather grr) I had a great group, with members I could click with, talk with, and enjoy God with. The worship sessions were inspiring and the sermons, (while slightly long) were enlightening.
Pastor Barnabus Chong talked to us about being baptised with the Holy Spirit. I have experienced having the Holy Spirit before but I also knew that I was very dry. And at the end of it, when we were praying, I just asked for the Holy Spirit to come into me and I just shivered. And I wasn't feeling cold. I believe I felt the Holy Spirit. And when we were praying and standing with Pastor, I just felt a sense of peace and a sense of awe of the glory of God. Pastor told me one word 'mission' and he asked if God had been speaking to me about 'mission'. And I was stunned because I had been thinking about it before, after A levels. I believe it refers to Mission trips but also in a wider context of making it a mission of spreading the word of God to other people. I see it as both. I just started crying and somehow the tears felt like nothing and yet at the same time something.
I really experienced God during the camp and it really really sparked this spirit of revival (if you may call it that) in me. I thank the Lord that He allowed me to witness His love during this camp and in every day of my life.
christine danced till dawn at 5:36 AM